Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Chinese [0306] Arsenal SKS

Dannyboy53
United States of America

Chinese [0306] Arsenal SKS

#1 Post by Dannyboy53 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 10:03 am

My wife's Chinese [0306] arsenal SKS has a pressed and pinned barrel and it's the most accurate of our three SKS carbines. She picked this one up at a gun shop at Heber Springs, Arkansas about 6 or 7 years ago. She has about eight Tapco 20 round stocks and prefers them, of course she has the original 10 rd fixed magazine in storage. It's been modified to insert/drop magazines with the bolt closed but she usually loads the mags with a stripper clip. The rear of the feed lips had to be trimmed and lightly sanded some to enable loading this way but they work great now. She has been fortunate from what we hear as she has no feeding problems with them as others have reported, she goes through the 20 rounds like the wind through a screen door!

It's all matching, even the stock. The metal is excellent and the bore looks great with sharp lands/grooves. I grudgingly admit that out to 100 yards it shoots tighter groups than my Russian and does at least as good as the M59/66!

She wanted a red dot sight. I was going to order a cheek rest for her but she decided she didn't want to use it any longer so she took it off!
"If the general government should persist in the measures now threatened, there must be war."
General Thomas 'Stonewall' Jackson

Danh4
United States of America

Re: Chinese [0306] Arsenal SKS

#2 Post by Danh4 » Thu Aug 08, 2019 4:38 pm

I'm curious about her red dot sight- what mount did you use, and did it hold zero very well? What made her want to remove it? I've been thinking about adding a red dot sight to mine just for the fun of it, would love to hear your experiences.

-Dan

Return to “SKS Carbines”