Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

My M4 clone

schmedly
United States of America

My M4 clone

#1 Post by schmedly » Fri Jun 16, 2017 6:09 pm

I assembled this AR 15 M4 clone from an M&A kit on a Bushmaster lower . The build was an educational experience , I learned a lot about the AR platform from the build . When I ordered the kit I chose the 1 in 9 twist barrell because I was happy with the 55 grane round but wanted to be able to use 62 grane if needed . The only major difference form an issue M 4 is the lack of the granade launcher cut . I have put a few mods on the rifle sence the build , I hilighted the control markings and installed the single point adaptor . This rifle has performed as well as any of the isseued rifles I carried while in the army . The M4 pattern is a nice upgrade from A1 and A2 rifles I carried .
Attachments
DSCN0030.JPG
DSCN0029.JPG
DSCN0027.JPG

BigMau
United States of America

Re: My M4 clone

#2 Post by BigMau » Fri Jun 16, 2017 8:44 pm

Nice M4 build!! Just got done building the same rifle. However, It's designed for optics (red-dot, scope, etc.)

I was going to buy an entry -level rifle.... Just wanted to learn how ARs work and save a few$$$.

RWS
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#3 Post by RWS » Sat Jun 17, 2017 8:25 am

It is a nice build indeed. On most of those kits they include a standard buffer, which is a bit light for the carbines. Reliability will be improved by going to a H2 buffer, as the military discovered.

I love everything about the M4/CAR clones except the short sight radius, so I've been building them with 20" barrels to pick up another 4" of sight radius. My aging eyes can't really focus on the front sight of a carbine any more.

The interesting thing is that building a long-barrelled version has brought the geezers out of the woodwork and I've had to build a half dozen or so for them. Here's a few pics:
JoshCrifle.JPG
AR15CrifleRWS.jpg
AR15CrifleAWJ.jpg

PennsylvaniaRifleman
United States of America

#4 Post by PennsylvaniaRifleman » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:41 pm

All very nice. I recently picked up an M4 style carbine myself, a Del-Ton from Classic Arms. The prices right now are irresistible. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Markeb2800
United States of America

#5 Post by Markeb2800 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:57 am

Nice rifle guys. The prices to build or buy are definitely attractive right now. I have 4 stripped lowers waiting to be built right now. I just seem to keep finding other things to spend my money on lately.

Candyman
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#6 Post by Candyman » Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:13 pm

I picked up a C7 upper really cheap last year and decided to find as many used parts as I could to build a rifle. This is what I ended up with. The only new parts is , Anderson stripped lower, buffer and spring, and a few of the small springs.
IMG_0531.JPG
IMG_0532.JPG

S.B.
United States of America

#7 Post by S.B. » Sun Jul 16, 2017 5:12 pm

Interesting, I just completed one just like yours save for a flattopper upper with Magpul plastic rear sight and a Colt 16er.
Steve

Return to “M16/AR Style”