http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Sauer 38H Disassembly
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 3:42 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

My grandfather has a pistol that I now know is a Sauer 38H. I would like to know how to disassemble it so that it can get a good cleaning. I didn't find anything about it at Surplusrifle.com. If someone could help me out, my grandfather, the pistol, and I would ALL be very thankful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 4:44 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

http://www.marstar.ca/AssemblySauer&Sohn.htm

Those are cool little pistols that were ahead of their time. :D They were also a favorite of the German Fallschirmjager (paratroops). Please post some pics if you can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:28 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Thanks for the link Saiun. It looks like there isn't much to it. I will be visiting my grandfather this weekend while on leave. I will give it a nice cleaning, and then hopefully he will let me take some pics to put on the site. He is kind of funny about that sort of thing though, so no promises.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 11:13 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

There was also an interesting article in the Nov 14, 2006 Guns&Ammo 'Surplus Firearms' magazine pg 102 about this pistol. I love my Sauer 38H. I even got the capture papers with it when I purchased it. The de-cocking and cock handle on the side is a real interesting feature. If you want, I can try and scan this article into an Adobe format or word format and sent it to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:45 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Well I wasn't able to get any pics of the Sauer 38H. My grandfather frowned on the idea. Like I said, he is funny about that stuff. I think a long time ago he had some of his collection stolen, and he always has his guard up when it comes to his guns. I can respect that though. Maybe someday he will pass it down to me and I will post some pics of it then. :thumb:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:55 pm 
Mil-Surp Collector
Mil-Surp Collector

Fredro wrote:
Well I wasn't able to get any pics of the Sauer 38H. My grandfather frowned on the idea. Like I said, he is funny about that stuff. I think a long time ago he had some of his collection stolen, and he always has his guard up when it comes to his guns. I can respect that though. Maybe someday he will pass it down to me and I will post some pics of it then. :thumb:

Oh well, I don't blame him. My Grandfather had two of his Japanese pistols stolen in a break-in. Thankfully the rest of his collection was passed down to me, and I plan on takin care of it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:47 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I own one. They're cool! 8)
Try this link:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sauer_38H
-Mike- :D