http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 3:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 9:09 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Hello Guys.

I shot my new / used Cetme last night for the first time. Out of 10 rounds there were 4 that did not ignite. One had a slight dent in the primer and the other 3 had no primer mark at all. The 6 rounds that did fire had a good primer dent.

When trying these rounds a 2nd time they all went off just fine with good primer dents.

I'm new to the Cetme platform and wonder how this can happen ?? The hammer seems to hit with enough force so I'm guessing it may be a roller or headspace issue ?

Thanks much.

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:08 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Sounds like a failure to completely go into battery. Is the chamber clean including the roller recesses?

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 6:42 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

Are you letting the bolt/carrier slam home? Thats the only sure way to get it in t battery!

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 7:25 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Hi Guys.

Thanks for the replies.

The rifle was clean and this happened in the first 10 rds. fired. Maybe some gunk I did'nt see in the roller area or in the firing pin channel ?

It did not happen on the first shot after cocking the handle, but yes I do let it slam itself home after inserting a magazine.

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:14 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

could be the firing pin chamber has some gunk in it (old cosmoline or dried oil/grease). I had that problem with a enfield of mine a ways back, worked great afterwards. try givin that a good cleaning. it also could be the pin itself is wearing out. if that the case get a replacement G3/hk91 pin, they are interchangable as i have 1 now in my cetme. not sure who has them now as i got mine on ebay way back but numrich should have them.