http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 8:37 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I've just disassembled my SK's bolt, firing pin, extractor / spring for the first time. Although I did this by studying the procedure from this forum, I'm curious to know if I'm missing the boat regarding the reassembly.

It looks like both the firing pin and the extractor / spring can only go back in a specific fashion. Despite that, figure 6 of the bolt reassembly instructions stresses "to make sure the extractor channel is positioned as shown" etc. Looks like it can only go back in a specific way. ??

Similarly, Figure 7 stresses to "make sure the firing pin is positioned inside the bolt so you can slide the firing pin retaining pin into the bolt body. Maybe I'm reading into this too much. Does anyone out there have any pointers on the matter. I just want to make sure I don't mess up the process.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:42 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

the flat part of the firing pin needs to be placed on the top so the retaining pins flat area holds it in place while letting it move freely.

izzy m91/30(rear peep install)
token glock in 40.sw:)
saiga AK-47.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 1:04 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

So, slide the pin with the flat side (that contains the small protrusion / bump) facing up into the bolt. Looks like the protrusion will assist the retaining pin to hold the firing pin in place.

Do I have that correct? Do I need to lubricate any of this?

How about the extractor spring? Looks like there's only one way to reposition: Position the spring down into the channel, compress and lift the opposite end up over the lip and press down to lock into position. Sound right?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 9:25 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

do not i reapeat do not lubricate any of the bolt assembly. keep it clean and as dry as you can get. after assembly you should be able to shake it and see that it is loose ans allows the pin to travel back and forth without coming out. after a full initial dissasembly to clean the cosmo, i usually just soak it a bit in some solvent and then blast it with a jet of cleaner degreaser that drys really fast. it should be good to go. the extractor should be easy to tell if its in right. i always look at the parts first real good and as i take parts off i lay them on the table in the relative position that they were incase i forget. there are a lot of great picture help in this forum and else where that you can use to step by step take everything apart and return it to normal. youtube wasa great help for me as well. lots of great video if you just keep digging for it. good luck. :thumb:

izzy m91/30(rear peep install)
token glock in 40.sw:)
saiga AK-47.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:32 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Yes, I looked at it very carefully and I understand. Thanks very much.