http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: USGI rifle slings
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:18 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

old Sneaky here: I'mlooking for a USGI rifle sling/web/OD with all metal parts..Anyone be able to help OLD Sneaky??? THANX--SNEAKY

Post subject: Re: USGI rifle slings
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:52 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

OD cotton web Garand sling, OD Nylon web M14 sling, , black web with Garand type fasteners, silent sling black with buckles are all correct for the M16 which are you looking for?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:18 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

S/P back: Any of the Garand style fastners( particularly the "Length" type with that quick relese --Not just a Buckle--Prefer ODcotton--BUT? THANX--SNEAKY

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:45 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

http://www.gunnyssurplus.com/m1-garand-slin1.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:15 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Great link, Orlando. I bookmarked it. Thanks a bunch!

"These are my credentials!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:10 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

S/P back: Thanx for the info also--went to that site to order--@ $12.00 it wasn't bad BUT they want$11.00 S&H. Kiind of steep for an old retired M/sgt--so I'll keep looking. BUT thanx for the info anyway and if I can't find a better deal I guess I'll bite the bullet but only as a last resort. THANX--SNEAKY :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:19 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

CDNN is hard to beat on alot of stuff, GI web slings 6.99. (I think I have all the GI web slings I need from them so I'll let the secret out)
They have a flat rate of 14.99 on shipping so find a lot of "stuff" you want then order, it aint hard.
http://www.cdnninvestments.com/m1greenwebne.html

SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:43 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

sneaky pete wrote:
S/P back: Thanx for the info also--went to that site to order--@ $12.00 it wasn't bad BUT they want$11.00 S&H. Kiind of steep for an old retired M/sgt--so I'll keep looking. BUT thanx for the info anyway and if I can't find a better deal I guess I'll bite the bullet but only as a last resort. THANX--SNEAKY :thumb:

Sneaky, I still have some of the Korean copies. They are a little shorter but look nice (new). I can let you have one of those for $10 shipped if you want.

"These are my credentials!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:40 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

http://www.ammogarand.com/m1-garand-sling-usg1.html

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:43 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

singleshotcajun wrote:
CDNN is hard to beat on alot of stuff, GI web slings 6.99. (I think I have all the GI web slings I need from them so I'll let the secret out)
They have a flat rate of 14.99 on shipping so find a lot of "stuff" you want then order, it aint hard. http://www.cdnninvestments.com/m1greenwebne.html

They are fake ,commercial slings They call them "new" M14 Well they never made a cotton web sling for the M14. Anytime I see the word New and it doesnt say USGI , its pretty good indicator they are of recent manufacture. Also the description says "brand new"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 8:57 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

S/P back: Undoubtably you'r correct about the "Coton" slings. I'm holding one of the USGI slings in my hand that I'm trying to buy another one--I couldn't tell cotton from cardboard--so I asked my wife--she knows "Everything" and she said Thats Nylon dummy. However whenI went to CDNNs site and Exploded the foto it appeared to be the twin of mine so I'll order it. THANX--SNEAKY :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:04 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

It may be cotton but its not USGI

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:29 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

S/P back again: While I agree that CDNNs offer isn't USGI the "Replica" is sooooo close to the sling on the M1 Garand that I carried in the Marines-'58>'64, the ARs that I carried in the Army-'74>'97, & the Colt SP-1 that I bought in '73 that it looks like the same????? But it really doesn't make any difference anyway Cuz I'm going to convert it to a "Single Point" sling by attatching a small swivel-snap to that buckle with a split ring, for that Christmas present DOW lower that I built W/a DPMS Pardus 6 position collapsable so I can carry it "Tactikool" on my chest when I'm doing Varmint-Control on Feral pigs in that 7000 acre ranch in Central Florida. Ya recognise that I could spend about the same for one of those Blackhawk single point with the Bungee thing for the same price but it wouldn't be what I want. THANX--SNEAKY :thumb:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:18 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I like my slings from CDNN without regard to authenticity, my main concern is utility. When I "Hasty" rig with these slings they feel perfect. I use them on every rifle I can get them to fit on, I even modified the tab and ground the rear hook on one so the sling could be fitted into the swivels on Finnish M39 rifles.

SHALOM Y'ALL In God we trust, Romans 8:28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:25 am 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Nothing wrong with them if they suit you ,just didnt want you or others getting duped thinking they were authentic