http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Tue Nov 25, 2014 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 3:16 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

How do you install it ? Need help please. I was just checking it out and mated it to the firing pin, FP spring and cocking piece and tried to screw it into the bolt body. It went in a little bit and now its stuck. What's weird is that I can't get the cocking piece to move outwards no matter how hard I try (and I have cocked/uncocked plenty of Mauser bolts). But I have never messed with this kind of a shroud without the safety cut before. Please help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:55 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

some how you have to get that rear cocking peice to stick back out of the shroud. That's why you have to put the safety to the middle position to disassemble it in the first place.

Why don't you have a safety on the bolt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:24 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

i installed a fn bolt shround on my vz-24 before i sent it to er shaw for sporterizing. pull the firing pinback but there is also alittle spring and pin on the right side of the bolt it has to be pressed in to get it to turn too. it about takes an extra set of hands but you can slowly work it on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:30 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

fj3fury wrote:
pull the firing pinback but there is also alittle spring and pin on the right side of the bolt it has to be pressed in to get it to turn too. it about takes an extra set of hands but you can slowly work it on.

Ah -- the problem is that the shroud didn't come with the little spring & pin and I didn't install one into it. I was just messing with it to try it out but now its stuck. And I can't pull on the firing pin because the sleeve is partially screwed into the body :( So basically it won't budge left or right when I try to screw/unscrew and I can't seem to pull the cocking sleeve back either :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:12 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

i firgot to mention earlier i used the spring an pin from my old shroud in the new one. maybe some else has an idea Ils can try to remove it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 13, 2006 10:28 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

have you tried putting the rear cocking peice (like where it touches the sear on the front) on a desk corner or something and pulling down on the rest of the bolt body?

once you get it far enough out of the bolt sleeve (assuming it goes), put a dime or something inbetween the bolt sleeve and the top front of the cocking peice, then try to unscrew it.

edit: I don't think that spring/pin has anything to do with it being stuck, but the bolt won't work without it. I just took a military bolt, took the safety off and that spring/ pin out and put it back together and got it stuck :P... then I got the cocking peice back out of the sleve (on the desk corner like I described above) and put a blade from a pair of sissors inbetween the cocking peice and the sleve and it spun right out.

Then to do it correctly, put the spring/pin thing into the sleve, and keep the cocking peice back out of the sleve with something, then spin it into the bolt body and pull the "something" you used to keep the cocking peice back out and it should work. just make sure that the bolt is cocked when you pull it out (if its not you have to manually cock it by twisting the sleve).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 1:21 am 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Whew managed it somehow!

But I think its going to take some fitting. The bolt is really really hard to cock in the action (have to use 2 hands I'm not a sissy). Any idea how to make the shroud fit "right" ?