http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:36 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:20 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Does anyone know anyting about a Pakistanian version of the Jungle carbine :?: Currently there are 9 auctions on GB for these rifles. There were 11 a few days ago. I got my first Enfield, a real Jungle Carbine last week. Since just prior to my purchase I've spent a great deal here on the forum doing my research on the rifles. Thus far I have not heard anyone speak of a Pakistan Jungle Carbine. I do know that knock off's of all types of weapons have been made in Afghanistan and that area. Just wondered as the auctions are quite active.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 6:33 pm 
Mil-Surp Psychosis
Mil-Surp Psychosis

Beware. Only two manufacturers made no5's, BSA and Fazerkley. There have been a huge number of no5's showing up recently that are Kyhber Pass copies. These are made by local 'gunsmiths' with very crude manufacturing techniques. They are an explosion looking for a place to happen. At the top of the Enfield forum, there is a sticky regarding the no5, with the different methods to spot the fakes. Now, it is possible that some authentic no5's found there way to pakistan by one way or another, but I would be skeptical.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =169726564
That one was converted from a no4mk1, not an authentic no5

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewIt ... =169727284
This is a good example of a Khyber copy. Look at the flashhider. That isn't even close. You will also notice the rear sight isn't right, also the lightening cuts are missing (see how close the rear sight sets to the receiver), also the electropenciled no5mk1 on the receiver doesn't look right, not sure if it is the font or what, but it looks funky.

Do a search on the seller, you will find them mentioned in other posts on the forum. Their advertising has not been well received here.
viewtopic.php?f=27&t=91681
A litle more reading about tgi. There are other threads as well.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 7:05 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

If you are talking about the ones being sold by TG International, those things are so fake it's not even funny. Khyber Pass junk. Good for laughs and that's about it.

-Mark

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 8:28 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Yes, these guns do look like crap. Sad thing is people are jumping all over these things. Hope nobody gets hurt trying to fire one of those guns.

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2010 9:48 pm 
Mil-Surp Museum Curator
Mil-Surp Museum Curator

On one of (former Monty Python) Michael Palin's travel dvds, he visits an alley/lane in Peshawar, Pakistan.

There were numerous small shops on the street producing handguns and rifles.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:38 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

All the fake #5's sold. One went kind of high.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:33 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

traindriver wrote:
All the fake #5's sold. One went kind of high.

Which means, watch for these being re-sold by folks trying to recoup their loss. I forsee alot of these hitting the auction sights in the future without TGI's "WALL HANGER" or "Non-Shooter" descriptions. Be careful and know what you are purchasing.