Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Beware of this companies shipping practice

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Beware of this companies shipping practice

#1 Post by Rapidrob » Wed May 16, 2018 9:27 am

I found 7x57 MM Mauser component ammo for sale on an auction site where you could buy the ammo for .09 cents each. The powder,bullets and brass cases were OK,but the primers were dead.
I bought a thousand rounds and the seller would contact me on shipping charges. I asked for Fed-X and got UPS instead as the only option. When the invoice was sent to me the shipping was 60 bucks for ground! I asked to have the package held at the UPS office and the seller said there was no difference in price???? What? since when? You drop the domestic delivery and the price is cheaper. Then they said that UPS charged a 20 dollar fee for "Ammunition", this is not the HAZMAT fee charged for powder/primers. Really? and then the last slap in the face was a 3% credit card fee on top of the inflated Ground shipping rate. Failure to complete the sale would cause a " bad buyer" rating at the auction house.
So,buyer beware. I should have called the seller before placing the bid and asked about the shipping fees they charge. I expected the seller to be an honorable company.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

Hippycrowe
United States of America

Re: Beware of this companies shipping practice

#2 Post by Hippycrowe » Wed May 16, 2018 4:11 pm

That's not too bad for 1000 rounds of ammo I just shipped 400 rounds of 30-06 ammo and insurance and shipping was $45 UPS place in Findlay Ohio will charge hazmat on ammo unless you throw a fit. But they should be up front about shipping price.

Return to “General Off Topic”