Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

300 yard match report

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

300 yard match report

#1 Post by Rapidrob » Sat Jun 23, 2018 7:10 pm

I held NM MILSURPS 300 yard Rapid Fire Match to day. Two targets at 300 yards, ten shots in 70 seconds on each target, then an unknown distance target for another five shots slow fire.
My reloads are using IMR-7383 surplus powder and pulled 140 grain bullets and original military brass, PMC Berdan primers.
The load is dead on same/same as original military ball ammo. Easy on the fired brass and 100% cycling of the rifles action. Rear sight setting is spot on for all ranges ( only tried out to 800 yards so far)
As you who own these rifles, you know they are very accurate. A very close 2ND to their long rifle.
At the match today, I fired the 42B in not only record time, but won the match with only one miss that actually hit the target but was out of the scoring area by an inch.
The rifle is so easy to shoot accurately in rapid fire matches, it's almost unfair to the other shooters.
At the end of the match I let one other member of the club try the rifle rapid fire at one of the 300 yard targets and he too hit it every time.
The rifle is one of my favorite shooters, and if you remember to safely operate the action at all times are really great shooter..
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

professrh
United States of America

Re: 300 yard match report

#2 Post by professrh » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:37 pm

Are you using brass from the wooden-bullet surplus blanks for this?

Rapidrob
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

#3 Post by Rapidrob » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:19 pm

The brass was a mix of maker for Ball and blanks. I have not really found a difference in case capacity between the military makers,at least not in the makers I have on hand.
Tin Can Sailor
'Nam Vet
NRA Endowment Member
President New Mexico Military Surplus Rifle Pistol Shooters

mrbig381
Italy

#4 Post by mrbig381 » Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:30 am

They are great shooting rifles along with their longer sisters. Swedes are one of my favorites.

professrh
United States of America

#5 Post by professrh » Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:03 pm

Rapidrob wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:19 pm
The brass was a mix of maker for Ball and blanks. I have not really found a difference in case capacity between the military makers,at least not in the makers I have on hand.
Thanks!

Return to “Ljungman Style Rifles”