Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Cowboy is now a bad term

Hippycrowe
United States of America

Cowboy is now a bad term

#1 Post by Hippycrowe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 pm

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/12/un ... versy.html

I am scratching my head a little trying to figure this one out. I am trying to see there point of view but I can't get my head that far up my own @$$ lol :think:

ffuries
United States of America

Re: Cowboy is now a bad term

#2 Post by ffuries » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:53 pm

Hippycrowe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:10 pm
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/07/12/un ... versy.html

I am scratching my head a little trying to figure this one out. I am trying to see there point of view but I can't get my head that far up my own @$$ lol :think:
Maybe the writer of the article needs to read NROBERTB's educational postings here. He has a blurb about an black cowboy if I recall. Plus there has been some female cowboys well I should say cowgirls. A quick google search proves that, so it's not really a racist or chauvinistic term per se. I guess the only people who could claim an issue with the term is Native Americans, due to the issues with non natives early in history.

I guess people needn't be educated in order to write an article.
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Tommy Atkins
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Canada

#3 Post by Tommy Atkins » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:11 pm

Some people have way to much time on their hands & a fragile ego.

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#4 Post by Hippycrowe » Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm

Its was not cowboys who defeated the Indians it was the Us Army and US gov't. Think of it this way if the US was not formed and all the tribes had not been defeated history would be very much worse off. The United Staes helped win 2 world wars. Would all of us be better off if Germany had won WW1.

This is the same logic these people use in these articles so far out there it makes no sense lol

ffuries
United States of America

#5 Post by ffuries » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:06 pm

Hippycrowe wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:52 pm
Its was not cowboys who defeated the Indians it was the Us Army and US gov't. Think of it this way if the US was not formed and all the tribes had not been defeated history would be very much worse off. The United Staes helped win 2 world wars. Would all of us be better off if Germany had won WW1.

This is the same logic these people use in these articles so far out there it makes no sense lol
Like the argument I got from a black LTCOL dentist I met as a kid in Okinawa (77-80, 10-13). He had the same last name as me, we are German descendants and still spell it the German way, and was born and raised in the county over from my dad. Yes, there was a family member that owned slaves.

His response, that is neither then nor us, besides if a slave trader hadn't brought my ancestor to the US and if your ancestor hadn't bought my ancestor as a slave, I wouldn't have gone to college, became a Dr of dentistry, been commissioned in the USAF, and be LTCOL today. So instead of your apologizing for your ancestors actions, maybe it should be me thanking you for the opportunities your family allowed me to have.

How in the hell do you respond to that........
Mike
TSgt, USAF Retired
Jan 86 - Sept 08
Aircrew Life Support
"Your Life Is Our Business"
(122X0, 1T1X1, 1P0X1)
NRA Life Member

Hippycrowe
United States of America

#6 Post by Hippycrowe » Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:16 am

People do not realize how good we have it hear and how much better it is here than it is in Europe we have so much freedom. No wars on our soil 2 great wars in Europe. Do we have problems yes we do but there us 0 chance of some war lord breaking down your door to steal your child to serve in his army so maybe some of these people should live in War torn Africa or the middle east for a couple years and see what heart aches really are. Go see the the Nazi death camps or Russian slave camps and see if it's really that bad here.

sowbelle
United States of America

#7 Post by sowbelle » Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:38 pm

Some folks look for "in their opinion bad/wrong things in everything going on". Then they go behind their keyboard and write their opinion.
Then a news outlet sees it. Buys it. Makes them some money. Then the uneducated reads it.
Not much more to say.

Return to “General Off Topic”