Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Vis 35 Radom

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Vis 35 Radom

#16 Post by Calfed » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:08 pm

Bob, I did get the information. I didn't realize that the email I used for this forum was an old one that I don't use anymore.

Thanks you very much!

Calfed
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
United States of America

Re: Vis 35 Radom

#17 Post by Calfed » Tue Nov 27, 2018 6:09 pm

RWS wrote:
Sat Nov 24, 2018 10:12 am
No. Unfortunately, the recoil spring is captive and can only be removed by disassembling the recoil spring guide assembly. This is why I issued the warning.

I sent you an email with some minimal info on reassembling the recoil spring guide assembly. Disassembly is easier than the reassembly, and as I said earlier it can be accomplished if you're careful and competent with hand tools. An assistant, just for the extra pair of hands, will be helpful as well.

I'm sure you already know it but Wolff has replacement recoil springs (but not the guide) for about $8. However, the original springs are usually adequate for light to moderate shooting. The Radom VIS is a well-designed, stout handgun. Your call on that. I chose not to replace any of my springs so as to keep the originals with the pistol. I probably would have replaced them if it was as easy to swap the originals back in as would be the case with a 1911 or Hi-Power.

-Bob
Great explanation. Thanks, Bob.

Return to “German Pistols”