Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Back Again

New Members, introduce yourself and make yourself feel welcome.
Stahlhelm
United States of America

Back Again

#1 Post by Stahlhelm » Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:15 pm

Just wanted to give a shout-out to the board as I see SRF is back in business again. I wasn't a big poster in the past but thought this was a great site for info on the old milsurp hardware we enjoy so much.

I bought my first milsurp, a 1943 Inland GI M1 Carbine in 1972 when I was 17. I still have & shoot it all these years later. Plus a number of other old war horses I managed to pick up over the decades. :D

So...I'm glad to be back and a member of a very good community of firearm enthusiasts.

steamer
United States of America

Re: Back Again

#2 Post by steamer » Tue Jan 01, 2019 2:50 pm

Good to have you back - looking forward to seeing some of your collection. I wish I had been interested in milsurps back in the day instead of waiting for thirty years.

Stahlhelm
United States of America

#3 Post by Stahlhelm » Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:50 am

It's the old "Wouda, Couda, Shouda" syndrome. I remember when Mausers and Enfields were selling for $40-$60, sometimes less. Arisakas and Carcanos were practically free. :D

I paid $70 for that GI Carbine back in the day...now they go for $1,000 & up. :roll:

Rex_in_OTZ
United States of America

#4 Post by Rex_in_OTZ » Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:05 pm

Hi Im Rex_in_OTZ, its been a few years since Id last been here, Im located over in NW Alaska.

Return to “Meet and Greet”