Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Type 30 Arisaka price check

Arisaka, Murata, Siamese, Korean, and North China Rifles
BPSTEVE
United States of America

Type 30 Arisaka price check

#1 Post by BPSTEVE » Tue Aug 13, 2019 10:27 pm

What would y'all say is a fair pice for a Type 30 Arisaka in very good + condition? Don't think it has cleaning rod nor does it appear to be a training rifle.It definitely the nicest exampl I have personally handled.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

Re: Type 30 Arisaka price check

#2 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:02 am

Bolt match and has mum? No sling or cleaning rod. Has the stock been refinished and how good is the bore? Carbine or long rifle?
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

BPSTEVE
United States of America

#3 Post by BPSTEVE » Wed Aug 14, 2019 12:32 am

Mum is intact stock hasn't been messed with as far as I can tell. Bolt is matching, long rifle and no sling.

72 usmc
Firearm Fanatic
Firearm Fanatic
United States of America

#4 Post by 72 usmc » Wed Aug 14, 2019 9:49 am

You do not see to many hook safety type 30s intact in WI so they are kind of one people desire. At shows, a nice one like you mention go around at least for $550-650. If its excellent with rod, sling, and papers you can say about $700. Now all prices are regional. We had some local big time 1960s Arasaka collectors die so shows were flooded with type 38s and type 99s. The intact good stuff went fast at high prices, but ground mum, refinished stocks, and mismatched bolts are still on tables at $200-300 for what I consider parts junk. Few type 30s surfaced, and those that did were at priced at $550 for beaters about 3 years ago.
So if you look into the 8th edition of Peterson's Standard Catalog of Military Firearms on page 274 prices are listed for a rifle at Exc=600. Very good $450, good $250, and fair $175. No price per maker's stamp. This seems low because so many want a complete mum, Arisaka to hang on the wall for their big shot office or gun room.

Now stock condition is a factor and is it a Mukden arsenal? The book indicates 4 makers. Gun broker has a rifle trainer priced as starting at $489.
Top grade, in all matching, great stock, that has an intact finish, and Mukden will have a high asking price $600- 700. Maybe more, our dealers always price for that high roller that will pay top buck because he or she has lots of cash. The best stuff sells fast because its hard to find. I am old, & cheep with no fun money left, and i'd pay $400 and consider it a steal. More likely it's in the $500-600 price range. They do not show up complete at Wi gun shows and prices be just crazy of late for total junk. Fantastic examples always sell since they really show up. Wait and see what an Arisaka collector indicates for a good price. I never did get an example of a type 30. :violin:

If it's priced at some crazy low price-- say @ $200-300, run and buy it if the bore is good. Good stuff only comes out of the wood work when one of us old guys drop dead or thin the herd for cash to pay medical bills. My 2 cents of info. I only have a few intact type 38s & 99 as shooters. :doh:
Last edited by 72 usmc on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To old to fight and to old to run, a Jar head will just shoot and be done with you.

BPSTEVE
United States of America

#5 Post by BPSTEVE » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:26 am

72 USMC, thanks for the response! Been searching old auctions and have only seen Blank firing training rifles and beaters. I have noticed top grade Type 99s and 38s seeem to be going pretty high at shows around here.

Return to “Japanese and Far East Rifles”