Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

The Old Forum.

shoggoth80
United States of America

The Old Forum.

#1 Post by shoggoth80 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 7:46 pm

Hey all. This is sort of a reminiscing thing for me. Feel free to jump in if you like.
I was just musing over the last couple days. Cleaned up some guns, arranged my safe, moved some reloading gear around. I really miss the old forum. Not that what we have now is bad. I'm just kinda waxing nostalgic for the moment. Kinda like the "good old days" posts. I used to read the articles, long before I signed up here. Something about the mostly concentrated information, enthusiastic user base, relatively cheap, and available surplus stuff all coalesced into a mix that I've not really seen replicated anywhere else.
Now, I'm not the most consistent poster, I am not the most knowledgeable contributor, and I've taken long breaks in forum participation over the years for varying reasons, but I still enjoy the boards. Had to be something like 19 or 20 years ago that I walked out of Big 5 with my first milsurp gun. Romanian M44 for $65. That was the gateway drug. Lol. I bought mine after shooting down bowling pins with a friend's 91/30. Just fondly remembering a point in time, and the boards were part of that.

shoggoth80
United States of America

Re: The Old Forum.

#2 Post by shoggoth80 » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:28 pm

This didn't translate well to text. That sort of fun, nostalgic stuff. I got my first taste of surplus around 20 years ago, and between 2007, and say 2010 was kinda of a magic time. Got my C&R, bought tons of cool stuff, blew through a lot of ammo with a very close friend who had recently gotten his rights restored (long story, not mine to tell). Just a lot of fond memories that don't translate well. Feel free to share if you've got some.

Return to “General Off Topic”