Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Romanian M1969 Trainer Rifle questions

OldRifles
United States of America

Romanian M1969 Trainer Rifle questions

#1 Post by OldRifles » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:20 am

In short, are these worth it? They've been on the primary and secondary collectors' market for awhile, and I still toy with the idea of picking one up. In general, are these accurate rifles? Is there any consistency in bore condition among them?

Thanks,
Pat

revjen45
United States of America

Re: Romanian M1969 Trainer Rifle questions

#2 Post by revjen45 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:50 pm

In short, are these worth it?
As with anything it depends on what you want and what it costs. They are a functional .22 bolt gun with no frills..

In general, are these accurate rifles?
I recall an article on this subject in which the author fired Eley subsonic target ammo worth almost as much as the rifle. Accuracy was excellent.

Is there any consistency in bore condition among them?
The only one that matters is the one you are looking at. The ones I have seen had nice bores.

Here is an article that answers all your questions.
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/gun-r ... t-contest/

OldRifles
United States of America

#3 Post by OldRifles » Tue Jan 21, 2020 10:31 am

Thanks for the linked article. I think I'll wait until I see one in the price range I want. Everything I'm seeing now is running around $250.

brianinca
United States of America

#4 Post by brianinca » Thu Feb 06, 2020 9:32 am

They are cool little rifles and a bargain at $100, I bought a pair for my sons a dozen years ago for $60 less magazines. At $250, there is just no way to ignore the overall crudeness and the janky trigger. Throw a couple of hard to find and expensive magazines in, and you're $300 into a $100 rifle.

I'm looking for a 22lr bolt gun right now, and a $200 Ruger American is looking like the front-runner. Zero collectibility, but I want an accurate rifle I can put nice glass on, and I have more magazines to hand than I can count.

OldRifles
United States of America

#5 Post by OldRifles » Fri Feb 07, 2020 1:48 am

Brianica,
Well put. I already have a 1930's Savage that devours .22 Short, .22 Long and .22 Long Rifle. That rifle is what all three of my kids shot first, and my youngest still bangs steel with it at 135 yards using cheap Remington ammo. I'd only be interested in a milsurp .22 at the right price, and to your point, they're a non-starter if they rise in price vs. quality, domestic rifles in the same chambering.

Pat

Return to “.22 Caliber Military Trainer”