Well, the board is either fixed, or it's going to run terribly. Cross your fingers and hope for the best. I'm at my technical limit right now.

Looking for Jamie

New Members, introduce yourself and make yourself feel welcome.
Dan
United States of America

Looking for Jamie

#1 Post by Dan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 1:59 pm

I’ve always been drawn to old guns and in 2003 or 2004 when I got my first surplus (Mosin nagant) I hit the web. It didn’t take long to find Jamie Mangrum. As time went on, the guns I didn’t own, I owned through Jamie. I spent hours watching him tear them apart and reassemble them. That would have to do until I could scrape up the funds to purchase. I shot at my local private range 3 times a week and spent days in my spare bedroom reloading. I corresponded with Jamie here and there and as time went on I didn’t get on his page as much. I read rumblings of the page changing ownership and something about Jamie being sick ? Last night after striking a deal on a Luger I needed his help but all I found was mention of his passing and more stories of the forum changing hands. So I landed here and signed up. I don’t know any of you but I still feel connected to the the grassroots origin of this forum. Could someone please give me some solid info on Jamie and where he’s at now.

dlocke
United States of America

Re: Looking for Jamie

#2 Post by dlocke » Sat Feb 08, 2020 2:52 pm

Jamie went thru hell but beat the cancer and still does IT stuff out in Occupied California. He has a website Jamiemangrum.com
Check it out. He looks a LOT different (in a good way) then he did back in the day, but it's the same dude.
DJL

Dan
United States of America

Re: Looking for Jamie

#3 Post by Dan » Sat Feb 08, 2020 3:14 pm

Man that’s great to hear !!

Return to “Meet and Greet”