http://www.scoutscopes.comhttp://www.mojosights.comhttp://smith-sights.com

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 10:43 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

This is the FIRST time that I've seen a dealer selling MORE THAN ONE FR8 rifle. If you want one, this may be your chance!!!

Shotgun News ad, Page 76, May 1, 2006 Issue:
"Limited supply Spanish Police Rifles, Very good Condition, 7.62 NATO, FR-8 rifles. $289.95" +$25 hand select

Hunters Lodge Corporation
Web site http://www.hunterslodge.com
Email info@hunterslodge.com

Phone 931 766 0755

Their ad says that they require a signed DEALER FFL, I don't know if that includes the FR8 or not. Or if a C&R would do the job.

NRA Rifle Instructor

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 6:38 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Has anyone ordered/received one from these people yet? I was thinking about doing it, but they don't describe much to you over email or the phone. They just say get one now. I hate to pay that kind of money for a beater. TY Dave

I just called again and they said they do not guarentee matched bolt/receiver. And that is a "handpick'? I was sadly shocked. Great people to talk to and very professional, but charging a handpick extra charge for a gun that is not even matched is not my cup of tea. RATS RATS RATS! I would think it would be hard to re-sell in the future being mis-matched? Any ideas??

They WILL take a C&R by the way, in the continental US. And, no extra charge for a VISA card by mail.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:22 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Dave, mine is not matched although it is within 300 of matching the receiver. Since they are modified Mausers I'm not sure that a matching one would not be a rarity. Many of my old Czech and Turk Mausers are not matching. As long as the headspace checks out I don't worry about it.

"These are my credentials!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 7:46 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

I got lucky today and found an FR-8 in a local shop. It is matching, but handguard color does not match the stock. The bore is looking real nice - I am still cleaning it with solvent (turning out to be a very shiney bore). I agree with sgthurley that headspace is more important than matching bolt.

What is the deal with Hunter's Lodge? I keep hearing about buyer beware, but what's the real deal. It sounds like more than one person has had a bad exeperience with them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 8:50 pm 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Thanks for the input, fellas. I appreciate it very much. The "sale" of $289 at HL is evidently over and the price I was quoted was $375 including the handpick. Add shipping and it's near $400. Most of the FR-8's I have scanned the past couple months on various sites were matched. I realize they may have been forced matched by the Spanish, but even so, for a price like that, I am going to hesitate and probably pass on mis-matched ones. I'ld like to get one matched with the original stock in tact............seems many were refinished. Add to that great overall condition at a fair price, and it may be awhile until I find the right one!

If anyone does get one from HL, please let us know how it turns out. I'm curious. Wish they would send pics.

Take care, Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 10:26 pm 
Benefactor
Benefactor

Don't blame you man. You are the only one you have to please. Post us some pictures when you find what you are looking for.

"These are my credentials!"

Post subject: beware
PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 2:25 pm 
Forum Sponsor
Forum Sponsor

I'd check out guys who have done business with these folks

SKS...the militia's rifle
http://www.kivaari.com

NRA Life / Endowment Member
Life Member Texas State Rifle Association

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:44 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

Don't waste your time with Hunters Lodge...I ordered one from them...It was not worth the time or the effort...
It took them six weeks to ship...They charged me for hand picked...I didn't ask for hand picked...The bolt doesn't match, stock is trashed, bluing is about 70 percent, stock has a minor crack in it...I'm OK with all of this but this rifle is a shooter that's not worth more than $200, I'm not OK with the price for $335 the rifle should have been in better shape.
The customer service sucks, they were very rude and abrupt whenever I called for a shipping status.
Overall I love the rifle as a shooter but it was not worth the aggravation that this company will put you through.

Eddie

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:37 am 
Mil-Surp Shooter
Mil-Surp Shooter

Anyone who received anything other than a tomato stake from Hunters Lodge should run out and buy a lottery ticket. Google them and read all the horror stories for yourself!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 3:59 pm 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I know 3 dealers who have ordered from HL in the past. All had equally horrible stories to tell, ending with, NEVER AGAIN!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 2:19 am 
Mil-Surp Owner
Mil-Surp Owner

I hate to hear all the bad feedback...

I just looked over their ad and they have some cool stuff....

Japanese dust covers for $39.
German potato mashers for $29.

Man....I'd buy several things off their site......but not if they have a proven track record of being bad dudes...

That's a real shame if it's true...

I don't think I'll find out for myself.....